Monday, May 23, 2011

Lost & Found

The photo I used was from my childhood at my Uncle’s wedding. It was June 2000 when he got married and my entire family attended. This photograph was the last photo our family ever took because a month later my dad passed away. This photo means a lot to me and it was the happiest day we had together.  I found this photo on my Grandmother’s wall, where she keeps hundreds of family photos. This obviously caught my attention because it was one of the only photos of my Mom, Dad and I.
I chose to make the photograph into a puzzle. The arrangement and how close they are together symbolizes how easy it seems to be close together but that can never happen. We cannot be put back together and we’ve gone our separate ways. The viewer probably won’t feel any emotion until they read the response with the explanation. They shouldn’t feel sad but they should realize how important family is and how easy it is to be separated.
I think my piece is an engaging, creative and well-put-together piece because it is neat/organized and makes the viewer try to visualize the pieces as a whole in their mind. This engagement is  similar to how a viewer would react to an installation piece.

No comments:

Post a Comment